An alcohol rehab program
may be the last thing you think you need, but the truth is more than 17 million people in the United States have problems with alcohol. An alcohol rehab program is often the first stage of finding a path to sobriety and regaining control of your life.
It can be difficult to recognize the signs of a true alcohol problem in yourself or someone you love, but odds are if your gut tells you there is a problem, there is often enough reason to at least have a conversation with an admissions counselor at an alcohol rehab program. No one will be able to reclaim their life from drugs or alcohol without help- recovery means being part of a supportive community.
We’ve put together seven telling signs that it may be time for an alcohol rehab program.
Seven Signs It May Be Time For An Alcohol Rehab Program
You find excuses to drink
- Having a few drinks at a social function or special event is well within reason, but if you find yourself looking for special occasions or making excuses to drink, then you may have a drinking problem.
You drink even though no one else is
- Social drinking within an appropriate setting is quite normal, but if you bring your own drinks to functions that are not serving them, you could have a serious problem. If you find yourself drinking alone, you may have a drinking problem.
Putting off responsibilities in order to drink
- Whether it is in the form of professional, familial, or social responsibilities, those who put drinking ahead of bills, family, and friends should seek the help of an alcohol rehab program.
Drinking has taken the place of other things you once enjoyed
- Giving up your favorite hobbies and activities for alcohol is a warning sign that should speak for itself.
Your alcohol consumption has caused disputes between you and your family, friends, or significant other
- Those closest to you will always recognize changes in your behavior more easily than others. If your loved ones have reached out to you about having a drinking problem, then it may be time to contact an alcohol rehab program to see how you can improve your quality of life and your relationships.
Alcohol has resulted in personal misconduct
- Alcohol is a judgment altering substance. Regular consumption that results in personal or legal trouble is a very telling sign of addiction.
Drinking no longer makes you happy, you just do it to feel somewhat normal
- After drinking regularly over a long period of time, your body builds up a tolerance that makes the alcohol less effective. If you find yourself drinking more or more frequently just to feel normal, it is time to seek the help of an alcohol rehab program.
If you or someone you know has exhibited these signs, it is time to speak with someone at an alcohol treatment center. Treatment for alcoholism and other addictions can be very successful at helping people reclaim control in their life and live a happier, healthier and more productive life. The first step to dealing with alcoholism or alcohol abuse is to recognize the signs, symptoms, and behaviors associated with the disease of addiction. If you or a woman you love is suffering from alcoholism or problems with alcohol, please call us today at 1-866-808-7111. Destination Hope: The Women’s Program
is a full service addiction and women’s health treatment facility in Florida for women who suffer from substance abuse and behavioral health issues.