Substance abuse treatment
is a wonderful choice that you can make to defeat your addiction. Deciding to enter a substance abuse treatment program makes you strong, not weak. This means you are strong enough to admit to your problems and strong enough to take the initiative to take back control over your life to bring your life back to order. If you are entering a substance abuse treatment program, feel empowered – don’t feel shame. You are doing the right thing!
Choosing to Enter a Substance Abuse Treatment Program
Much can be said regarding your decision to enter a substance abuse treatment program. This life-changing move says you are ready to make a great change. You are taking responsibility and bravely saying you won’t stand for a life of addiction any longer. You are deciding to make your health your number one priority.
Life after a Substance Abuse Treatment Program
Following your substance abuse treatment program, you should continue specific practices in order to continuously work on your recovery. It’s important to remember that recovery is a journey and not a destination. Here are some of the methods you can use to continue working on your sobriety...
- Support group meetings: It is recommended that clients in recovery continue to regularly attend support group meetings for a wonderful source of support.
- Alumni support group meetings: Your substance abuse treatment center may even host alumni support group meetings in which you attend support group meetings where the participants are your former peers from your rehabilitation program.
- Keeping a sponsor: A sponsor can be one of your strongest sources of support and can help you through your most difficult periods of time. Your sponsor is another individual in recovery and so they can relate to your struggles and truly understand your needs.
- Relapse prevention plan: A relapse prevention plan can help you keep your recovery healthy. You can continuously remind yourself of what triggers to avoid and what practices to maintain to keep up with your health and the strength of your recovery.
- Health: After your substance abuse treatment program, health should be a top priority for you. You can work on leading a healthy life by eating a balanced, nutritious diet, exercising regularly and practicing good hygienic habits. Addiction lurks when clients stop taking care of themselves so it’s important to always take great care of yourself.
Entering a substance abuse program not only indicates that you are strong, but it gives you the chance to make yourself even stronger as you progress through recovery.
If you or a woman you love is having problems with drug abuse, alcohol dependency and mental illness, women’s drug rehab may be the answer. Remember that recovery from addiction and alcohol abuse treatment means learning how to cope with intensely emotional situations, and identifying when you need help and support. Treatment for addiction relapse, counseling, and aftercare can help you do this, so please call us today at 1-866-808-7111. Destination Hope: The Women's Program
is a full service addiction and women’s health treatment facility in Florida for women who suffer from substance abuse and behavioral health issues.