Alcohol rehab for women
can help you get out of abusive home situations and get moving towards sobriety. Alcohol can sometimes seem like the only friend for a woman in an abusive situation at home. The difficulty of an abusive relationship can seem like it can only be muted by the comfort of alcohol – that can be a very dangerous misunderstanding. Rehab can help you face up to your fears and get you into a safe environment where you can focus on your health.
Recognizing the Signs of Alcoholism
It’s a good idea to consider a few questions regarding your alcohol consumption.
- Do you drink only as a way to escape your troubles or to numb the physical pain from abuse?
- How much are you drinking and how often?
- Are you drinking alone or hiding your drinking habits from others?
- Can you get through a day at home without alcohol?
- Do you drink to increase your self-esteem?
- Are you preoccupied by when and where you’ll have your next drink?
Alcohol rehab for women may be something to consider if these questions or others are ringing close to home.
Recognizing the Signs of Abusive Relationships
Does this sound like your relationship?
- Verbal abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Threats for future violence
- Physical abuse
- You are afraid of your partner
- You never know which version of your partner will arrive home each day
- Extreme controlling
- Isolation from friends, family, neighbors and co-workers
- Your partner blames you for situations completely out of your control
- Your children are being emotionally and/or physically abused
If this sounds familiar, you should seek help. Abusive relationships are not normal. They are not healthy. They are dangerous, and when coupled with alcoholism things can get worse.
Getting Help From Alcohol Rehab for Women
Women in abusive relationships should advise the staff at an alcohol rehab program of their home situation. The rehab center may then serve to additionally focus on the client’s special needs for security and safety from the individuals giving them or threatening them harm. Along with traditional alcohol rehabilitation programs, you may then receive added support and strength from knowing that there is help for you out there.
In rehab, your concerns matter and people believe what you have to say. Alcohol rehab for women can also assist you in finding new options and solutions for getting out of an abusive relationship, remaining safe, coping with stress without alcohol and prevention strategies to avoid other abusive relationships in the future.
If you or a woman you love is having problems with drug abuse, alcohol dependency and mental illness, women’s drug rehab may be the answer. Remember that recovery from addiction and alcohol abuse treatment means learning how to cope with intensely emotional situations, and identifying when you need help and support. Treatment for addiction relapse, counseling, and aftercare can help you do this, so please call us today at 1-866-808-7111. Destination Hope: The Women’s Program
is a full service addiction and women’s health treatment facility in Florida for women who suffer from substance abuse and behavioral health issues.